Visit to Matterhorn Bistro, Johor Jaya.

00:33 Jia Ying 1 Comments


My mission of searching good western cuisines in JB is on-going and last weekend I tried this restaurant- Matterhorn Bistro, which is near to my home.
The restaurant is quite easy to find, which can see from the main road along Jalan Ros Merah.
From the restaurant name, it seems not like a western cuisine restaurant. This restaurant had given me a feeling of entering a restaurant in a small hidden alley in Europe.




As I step into the restaurant, I can see all the tables are with nice table cloth and eating utensils, which including the wine glasses and napkin. The low intensity of light in restaurant creates an intimate and leisurely atmosphere for eating.


There is a separate area in the restaurant, which create a romantic atmosphere, with flowery table cloth, wallpaper and white as the theme colour. This area is quite suitable for the couple.




At the 2nd floor of the restaurant, there is a private space which you can hold the function, gathering or event at here. 
The restaurants offered a range of inside/outside catering services for all occasions. The menu can be either Malays, Indian or Western cuisines.  



I started my meal with this creamy crab meat soup. It's not just a plain creamy soup, as the crab meat can be chewed in every spoon of the soup I eat. 
Creamy Crab Meat Soup


Another great appetiser with crab meat, which you should not miss in Matterhorn Bistro. The cheese is baked on the top and mix with crab meat inside the potato.
Baked Crab Meat - RM28.90


Come to the main course, I tried this grilled salmon fillet, which put on the top of some vegetable side dish.  The asparagus and mushroom are cooked with creamy sauce and truffle oil.
It's interesting to see asparagus in western cuisine served in JB restaurant.
Grilled Salmon Fillet - RM49.90

Next, Roasted rack of lamb with green mint sauces at the side of the plate. Personally, I like the sauce, a well blend between sweet and salty. 
The meat is tender, with a little bit of gamey taste. It can be eaten with the sea salt too.
Roasted rack of lamb - RM 69.90


The restaurant served variety type of steaks, such as Angus Rib Eye Steak, Australian Tenderloin Steak and US Wagyu Rib Eye Steak . I tried this Angus Rib Eye Steak, in medium rare. The quality of the beef chosen is good, served with onion gravy, mash potato and some vegetable.
The meat is tender and juicy, well eat with homemade mash potato.  
Grilled Angus Ribeye Steak - RM 72.90

If you are looking for a better quality of beef, you can try their Grilled Yonezawa Beef.
The beef is originating from Yonezawa region of Yamagata Prefecture, Japan. It's considered one of the top 3 major beef brands in Japan.
The meat is even more juicy than the normal beef we had. You will not feel disgust even the meat is soft.
Grilled Yonezawa Beef 



I can see the effort of choosing the good quality of ingredients in all their food served, and in the same time make it affordable by the public. 
If you are person who looking more for good taste than the look, you should not miss this hidden treasure Matterhorn Bistro in Taman Johor Jaya. They claim themselves "The Best Steak House in JB!". If you are curious about how good they are, do come and visit Matterhorn Bistro in your next western meal!! You will not regret~~


More information :
Address:
3, Jalan Ros Merah 4/14,
Taman Johor Jaya,
81100 Johor Bahru, Johor.
Phone : 07-352 2288
FB page : https://www.facebook.com/Matterhonbistro



Like my blog FB page : https://www.facebook.com/mush4crazy

You Might Also Like

1 comments:

I'm interested in reserving this place because choosing the right venue which does not favor a specific culture becomes difficult. Halls here have fountains and elaborate pictures. Some venues in Chicago display traditional artifacts and paintings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer & Copyright

All the review and information provided on this sites are based on personal honest experience. All opinions given are my own. Pls note that what I think is good or bad for me might not be the same for others. I stay positive and avoid abusive language on my site.

All the photo and content used in my blog are property of myself. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email : jiaying-smc@hotmail.com for permission to use the content and photo. All rights reserved.