UM Art Gallery

13:05 Jia Ying 0 Comments


I think most of UM community don't know the presence of Art Gallery in the campus,
As it's going to be next tourist spot in campus, before I graduate from the university,
I spent some time to visit this newest spot in campus- University of Malaya Art Gallery (UMAG)




It's located at 5th floor of Chancellor Building



Initiated in 2011, UM Art Gallery is a cultural legacy envisioned to be an icon of University Malaya through the study, preservation, conservation,exhibition, interpretation and development of its collections and also the exhibition of works by local and international artist, supported by creative learning activities aimed at diverse audiences across ages from the uninitiated to the expert.


Renowned artists include James Wathen, Chen Wen Hsi, Cheong Soo Pieng, M.F.Hussain, Syed Ahmad Jamal, Chuah Thean Teng, Abdul Latiff Mohidin, Lai Fong Moi, Ahmad Khalid Yusoff and Chia Yu Chian



There are having season exhibition with some theme, and when I visited, the theme is about Canting , Ismail Mat Hussin.


The drawing is mainly related to theme, with full of batik style.


Some items used for canting...


Various pattern of Batik clothes


Besides season exhibition, there are some permanent art exhibition. The drawing below is by Datuk Chuah Thean Teng.


Some painting is close and need permission to see it closer.


I like this painting....It's colourful and I can feel the happiness in this paint.



This woman's eye is too big lol.....Malaysia version of Mona Lisa....hahahah!!!!( huge different lol....)


I think this place can be used to discuss with friends after finish visiting art gallery. Nice environment....


There are many paint and drawing I'm not putting photo here, so If you interested to see more painting and art, you are welcome to art gallery.
It's open to public. Free entrance.
Opening hour : Monday-Friday , 9am-5pm
Lunch hour: Monday- Thursday 1pm-2pm; Friday 12.15pm-2.45pm



You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer & Copyright

All the review and information provided on this sites are based on personal honest experience. All opinions given are my own. Pls note that what I think is good or bad for me might not be the same for others. I stay positive and avoid abusive language on my site.

All the photo and content used in my blog are property of myself. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email : jiaying-smc@hotmail.com for permission to use the content and photo. All rights reserved.