Malaysia food that you will introduce to foreigners...

20:00 Jia Ying 0 Comments

Hmm, Yes, I wrote 2 blog posts before about Malaysia foods.
I had introduced 18 Malaysia foods that I miss the most.
Recently, my Italian language teacher gave us a task, to cook your country food, and wrote the recipe in Italian ....
It's a difficult task for me, as I'm not a good cooker ( but I'm a good eater !! haha ~~)
To all Malaysian, which Malaysia food first come into your mind?
Which Malaysia food you will introduce to foreigners?

In my opinion, I think about Nasi Lemak ( Coconut milk rice ).
Seriously, I miss Nasi Lemak a lot...
It's the typical breakfast for Malaysian, ( It can be served as lunch or dinner too)
I remember once I told foreigners that Nasi Lemak is for breakfast, they are surprise!!
WHAT!? such a heavy, big breakfast ?! ( of course for breakfast, the portion will be smaller if compare to Nasi Lemak served as lunch or dinner)
Nasi Lemak in Seapark, KL,Malaysia. 

I read an article, about how much would you pay for a taste of home,
They compared the price of Nasi Lemak all around the world.
In Malaysia, you can get Nasi Lemak as low as RM1.20, up to RM5.00 ( depend on the side dish you choose)
However, outside of Malaysia, the price of a plate of Nasi Lemak is few times multiple than the price in Malaysia.
In fact, I believe in Europe, beside UK, it's hardly to find restaurant serve good Nasi Lemak in other cities.
I ate Nasi Lemak in Scotland before, the price is really around 7- 8 Pounds .
It's expensive, but in the same time, I agree that taste of home is priceless.
Source credit : https://ringgitplus.com/en/blog/Funny-Money/Nasi-Lemak-how-much-would-you-pay-for-a-taste-of-home.html

Anyway, I gonna learn how to cook Nasi Lemak, as I plan to introduce this dish to foreigner.
( but I can't find anchovies, pandan leaf in Italy, plus I don't know how to make a good sambal sauce.... Hmm.... I guess the Nasi Lemak I cook will be a brand new version..)

* If you don't know what is Nasi Lemak , refer my previous post about introduction of Nasi Lemak :  http://mush4crazy.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-malaysia-food-that-i-miss-most.html


Like my blog FB page : https://www.facebook.com/mush4crazy
 
Another blog : http://mush4room.blogspot.com/

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer & Copyright

All the review and information provided on this sites are based on personal honest experience. All opinions given are my own. Pls note that what I think is good or bad for me might not be the same for others. I stay positive and avoid abusive language on my site.

All the photo and content used in my blog are property of myself. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email : jiaying-smc@hotmail.com for permission to use the content and photo. All rights reserved.