Visit to Camera Museum in Penang

19:34 Jia Ying 0 Comments

In tradition, museum is one of the place to discover the history of a city.
Nowadays, museum is not only for history, but more to a theme-based concept.
In Penang, I can see  the growing number of museums with very creative concept.
Camera museum is one of it, which will be definetly become a favourite spot for all the camera and photography enthusiast .
1st in South East Asia, the camera museum is located in the heart of its heritage area in a refurbished 2 storey shop house on Lebuh Muntri.






The whole museum is well designed and display not only the camera, but also some remarkable photo over the world.



Where did camera came from? Who invented the camera? How did the world's first camera look like? You can find all the answers in this museum. 
Be Inspired by the captivating stories of how cameras have transcended our human history since the 1500's.
Pinhole room, darkroom and obscura room have shown you some ideas of the camera.



Besides the stories about the initial idea and development of camera, the museum also display a lot of vintage camera, with different period and brands of camera. I was surprise with some of the look of camera and amazed with the development and invention of camera.  


I learned a lot from the guided museum tour. The guide had explained well about each period of the development of camera. Strongly recommend to visit this museum with a guide.
Here is the wide collection of the camera.


Besides the musuem, there is a souvenir shop and cafe at the ground floor. Enjoy your time in museum and end the tour with a cup of coffee by professional barista before you leave.
Here is my Affogato.


Personally I found this quote in the museum and I like it the most. Well said!!!
"If the Human eye was a digital camera, it would have 576 megapixels. "




That means ......

See and experience the Camera Museum in Georgetown by yourself instead of just see the photo that I took.

Your eyes are the best camera in the world.




Location :  49 Lebuh Muntri, 10200 Penang George Town
Phone : 042613649
Email : cameramuseumpenang@gmail.com
Open daily , 9:30am-6:30pm

You can take Penang Hop-on Hop-off and stop at either Stop10 or Stop 16. Personally I stopped at Stop 10 and walk through the Loving Lane, in less than 5 minutes, you will come to a junction which the road is Lebuh Muntri. Turn left and walk until you see the camera museum. Along the way, you may see some Camera museum stickers.


Camera Museum Website: http://www.thecameramuseumpenang.com/
Camera Museum FB page: https://www.facebook.com/PenangCameraMuseum

Penang Hop-on Hop-off Website : http://myhoponhopoff.com/pg/index.php?pageid=1

Like my blog FB page : https://www.facebook.com/mush4crazy
My Amazing Malaysia 玩疯马来西亚 FB page : https://www.facebook.com/myamazingmalaysia
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer & Copyright

All the review and information provided on this sites are based on personal honest experience. All opinions given are my own. Pls note that what I think is good or bad for me might not be the same for others. I stay positive and avoid abusive language on my site.

All the photo and content used in my blog are property of myself. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email : jiaying-smc@hotmail.com for permission to use the content and photo. All rights reserved.